SEGP Connection Requirements
As an Internet2 Connector, LEARN assumes operational responsibility to Internet2 for the SEGP(s). Each Internet2 Connector, as a condition for passing this SEGP traffic, agrees to:
- Provide the Internet2 R&E Network connectivity for one or more University Members (as defined in Internet2's bylaws) of Internet2,
- Refrain from sending via Internet2 Connector's SEGP network path and the Internet2 R&E Network any traffic from or routing announcements for an institution, which either:
- Was formerly classified as a Carnegie Doctoral/Research - Extensive university or,
- Is a former Member of Internet2, but in either case, does not maintain Internet2 membership and holds current Internet2 Network Participation status,
- Maintain a Network Operations Center (NOC) that is accessible to the Internet2 NOC and capable of responding to network problem reports on a continuous 7 day per-week, 24 hour-a-day basis,
- Assume responsibility for compliance with the Internet2 Network Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for SEGP traffic defined here,
- Provide all routing information updates necessary to support SEGP utilization of the Internet2 Network in the format specified by the Internet2 NOC, and
- Maintain at least 1 IP router on the path between the SEGP Network(s) and the Internet2 Network (specifically, the Internet2 Network will not establish separate BGP peerings for the SEGP Network(s).
All use of the Internet2 Network is expected to primarily, but not exclusively, support the research or educational or clinical missions of Internet2 Members or to generally support the innovative development and use of network services.