Services: Affiliated Networks
- LEARN is the connector to the Internet2 advanced networking network. Internet2 is a not-for-profit advanced networking consortium comprising more than 200 U.S. universities in cooperation with 70 leading corporations, 45 government agencies, laboratories and other institutions of higher learning, as well as, over 50 international partner organizations.
- The University of Texas System's, Office of Telecommunication Services, manages the Texas Higher Education Network (THEnet) as a subscriber organization that provides Internet access to education, research and health care institutions in Texas.
- The Northeast Texas Consortium of Colleges and Universities (NETnet) is the collaborative effort of 15 higher education institutions in rural northeast Texas. The Consortium is based at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler. As a participant in LEARN, the Consortium will act as a network hub for the region, distributing connectivity via NETnet to each of its college or university sites.
- The Southeast Texas GigaPOP, in the Houston area, provides networking infrastructure to support the academic and research mission of the connecting institutions. The network also acts as an aggregation point for members to connect to Internet2.
- The State of Texas, through its Department of Information Resources (DIR), provides avariety of services to state-supported institutions. As part of the formal agreement with the State, LEARN may provide new or make available existing capacities to DIR at such rates as may bemutually agreed. DIR may gain access to LEARN's infrastructure for the purpose of providingservices, where appropriate and cost-effective, for its statutorily designated constituency.
- Texas Education Telecommunications Network (TETN) is a private video/data networkamong the 20 Texas Education Service Centers (ESC) and the Texas Education Agency (TEA).TETN provides a centralized video network to its 21 members and also serves as the primarypath for school district video traffic moving between the ESC regional networks.